Alec Baldwin formally surrenders his phone to Santa Fe authorities

- Advertisement -
Alec Baldwin. Photo credit: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP

Alec Baldwin has handed over his phone to Santa Fe police, who are probing the tragic Rust production shooting last October.

The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office has accused Baldwin of delaying to hand over his phone despite a search warrant being issued nearly a month ago.

His civil attorney has now confirmed that Alec did hand over his phone to law enforcement in Suffolk County, New York, who would download the data and submit it to the Santa Fe County (N.M.) Sheriff’s Office.

- Advertisement -

“Alec voluntarily provided his phone to the authorities this morning so they can finish their investigation,” attorney Aaron Dyer said in a statement.

“But this matter isn’t about his phone, and there are no answers on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong. It is clear that he was told it was a cold gun and was following instructions when this tragic accident occurred. The real question that needs to be answered is how live rounds got on the set in the first place.”

Last week, Baldwin stated that he was cooperating with the inquiry into the last fatal incident that happened when onset.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests, orders, demands, or search warrants about my phone is bullshit, it’s a lie,” he said in a video shared to social media on Jan. 8.

- Advertisement -

His phone, according to authorities, might be a crucial piece of the evidence in the investigation into the shooting that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -

Recommended for You