Few weeks after Nigerian youths flooded the streets to protest against the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), Some protesters are still reported missing or bring detained unlawfully by the Nigerian police.
According to reports by social media algorithm, some members of the youths who flooded the major roads to protest for the disbanding of SARS were reportedly arrested and detained following the protest ban by the federal and state government. The arrested persons who flouted the orders are being held hostage with their whereabouts currently unknown.
Some Social media users ranted out the names of victims whose whereabouts are yet to be ascertained since their arrest. The tweebs pleaded with the public to assist in seeking for the possible means to secure the release of the arrested persons.
Some of the victims are as follows:
- Manasseh Paul Ben – arrested in Gwagwalada Abuja on the 16th of October.
- Ehbodaghe Blessing – arrested in Wuse 2 Abuja 17th of October.
- David (no last name) – reported to have been taken to an uncompleted building by uniformed police men around Pedro Shomolu Lagos – 16th of October.
- Femi Abdullah – last known location was Kola Ijaiye Ayinla police station Lagos (possibly unrelated to #EndSARS) – 15th of October.
- Omoijade Ikechukwu Okoruwa – he was reported to be arrested in either Surulere or Festac – 12th of October.
- Oluwatobi Aikomo – last seen in o Ogbomoso during the peaceful protests – 11th of October.
- Issac Ferdinand – arrested in Abuja on the 11th of October.
- Divine (No last name given) – arrested by the Police @ Ikotun, Lagos, last week. He was taken to yaba state CID on Thursday. Charged to court on murder & armed robbery ground, & case adjourned till 7th December.
- Imole Ayo Michael – Abducted by security personnels from his home, whereabouts currently unknown.
- Stanley (No last name given); student of MOUAU Industrial Technology Department. Arrested and detained by the police in Lagos State.
- Nicholas Mbah – arrested and charged with Robbery, Arson and Rioting on Ojo Police station.
- Ugwumba Chimezie – arrested and charged with Robbery, Arson and Rioting on Ojo Police station.