Nigeria logs 272 fresh Covid-19 cases, 1 fatality in last 24 hours

-

Nigeria recorded 272 new Covid-19 cases on July 24, taking the total tally of confirmed cases in the country to 170,895. With 1 new fatality registered in the last 24 hours, Nigeria’s Covid-19 death toll climbed to 2,132, according to data provided by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Sunday morning, being on July 25.

The Health agency the 272 new cases were reported from nine states including Lagos which is the worst state hit by the deadly infection.

Which registered maximum cases are Lagos with 182 cases, followed by Rivers with 34 cases, Ondo with 24 cases, Oyo with 10 cases, Abia, Ogun with 7 cases each, Ekiti registered 5 cases, while Delta and Plateau with 2and 1 respectively.

- Advertisement -

Lagos alone states contribute to 67 percent of the new cases, with other remaining states accountable for 33 percent of the new cases.

Of the one new fatalities, maximum casualties were reported in Maharashtra (224), followed by Kerala with 98 daily deaths.

According to NCDC data on Sunday morning, at least eight people recovered from the virus, taking the total number of recoveries to 164,788 across the country. The overall active cases in the country stand at 3,965.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Latest Updates

- Advertisment -

#Trending