The game of football has seen so many surprises, most of which looks, weird, outstanding and practically impossible. So many events have occurred in history which left fans astonished and doubt their eyes.
New records are created each week, records gets broken and amazing facts gets established. Here’s some facts about the game of football which are very hard to believe but actually happened.
- Theo Walcott has more champions league goals than Brazilian Ronaldo, Hazard, David Villa, Klose, Zidane, Huntelaar, Tevez, Alexis Sanchez, and Micheal Owen.
- An English manager has never won the premier league.
- Jose Mourinho won the premier league in the 2004/2005 season and 2014/2015 season without winning the manager of the month for once.
- In the 1993/1994 season, AC Milan won the Serie A with a mere 36 goals scored in 34 matches, the same season Udinese and Atalanta got relegated while scoring 35 goals each.
- Philipp Lahm played as a defender in the Bundesliga between September 2014 and October 2015 without commiting a single foul. Exactly 1year 1month.
- Before the 2003/2004 season commenced, Arsene Wenger told reporters; “nobody will finish above us in the league. And it wouldn’t surprise me if we’re to go unbeaten for the whole of the season”.
- Since Aubameyang’s professional debut (August 1st 2008),he has missed just 3 games due to injury in 12 years.
- In 1964, Chelsea lost 13-1 to Arsenal, promoting a further debate on the offside and free kick rule on the governing board. The match ended in 71 minutes when all Chelsea players walked out of the pitch.
- In May 2002, Bayern Leverkusen lost 3 trophies in 11 days.
- May 4th, lost the Bundesliga by 1 point.
- May 11, lost the German cup final.
- May 15th, lost the Champions league final…